- History for sale: Items salvaged from the dismantled Pride of Newport riverboat are on eBay starting today - the proceeds will go to the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum. Pieces up thus far: a door to the riverboat's restaurant, the grand staircase chandelier (pictured), several smaller antique table lamps and more.
- Back to school: The madness at Mayflower Preschool in Los Alamitos - which was abruptly closed around a month ago amidst the unpopular firings of two veteran administrators, followed by the resignation of most of the staff in protest - continued Friday when vandals broke school windows, set off a fire extinguisher and left fecal matter in the adjacent church. The Register reports that Mayflower is reopening today despite it all - but with only 40 students, "a fraction of the 185 children who were once enrolled there."
- Later today: Should voters get the chance to decide who replaces former Anaheim Union High School District trustee Harald Martin? A judge is expected to say yea or nay at 1:30 p.m.
- Roseanne Barr for President: OK, maybe not, but the Long Beach Press-Telegram thought it was funny.
- Tonight in shakin' it: Salsa at Sachi OR line dancing at Tia Juana's in Irvine.
Recommended For YouPowered by SailThru
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!