- Protesting a pedophile's presence: Members of SNAP (the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) picketed at Seal Beach Sunday, warning locals that Michael Wempe, a convicted pedophile priest, was on parole and living in Leisure World.
- Sub resurfaces: After a nine-year death, Disney's bringing back its much-fought-for Tomorrowland Lagoon submarine ride.
- Confession confusion: A Garden Grove man walked into the local police department and admitted to killing his 87-year-old landlady, stunning the cops, who had no idea that the homicide had even occurred.
- Register vs. Daily Pilot: Both papers covered Newport Beach's trash disposal woes, but only one got an actual story out of it. Compare and contrast.
- Today in court: Defense testimony continues in the trial of Michael Lamb and Jacob Rump, who were accused of murdering a man in the name of street gang Public Enemy No. 1.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.