Micky Mouth on Facebook: the Hottest City Council Campaign Site in Anaheim
wrote and provided video earlier in the week ofMicky Mouth
, the costumed write-in candidate for Anaheim City Council that MayorCurt Pringle
had tossed from a recent council meeting.
Mr. MM's true identity has yet to be revealed, although he does have a Facebook page.
Here is what one discovers about the candidate from the page which, as of Tuesday morning, had 838 friends:
- His personal interests include "campaigning, puppets, me, you, happiness, magic, the First Amendment, walking around" and "saying words."
- He is running for the Anaheim City Council "and it will be THE MOST MAGICAL POLITICAL RACE IN THE WORLD!!"
- "A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR HAPPINESS."
- He has challenged Pringle "to a no-holds mud wrestling match. . . . Anytime, anyplace, sir. It's on your court now!"
- He has found campaigning difficult: "MAN!!!! POLITICIANS SAY A LOT OF WORDS!!! When I am elected these folks will be charged per word. (extra for angry words)"
- On his wall, he posted the following response in case someone has confused him with other cartoon characters hitting the campaign trail this election season: "I NEVER SAID 'TEA BAG.' I said 'TEA CUP,' like the ride where you sit in a tea cup and spin around. . . . STOP MISQUOTING ME HATERS."
- He "hired two real MONKEYS too help me get the views up on my campaign video. So far all I got is a room covered in poo and four broken keyboards. . . . MAN!! . . . monkeys are kinda dumb."
"The big time Hollywood film crew I hired said they would make all the green parts turn into wonderful images. . . . And i was like WHAT? And they were like HUH? And I was like "what are you guys . . . some kind of magical wizards?!"
"I am working hard for YOU!
"Well . . . for you and ME.
"OK, FOR ME. The point is I AM WORKING!!"
Los Angeles Angels vs. Seattle Mariners
TicketsFri., Jun. 30, 7:07pm
New Japan Pro Wrestling - G1 Special In The USA
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 5:00pm
Orange County Soccer Club vs. Portland Timbers 2
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Temptation vs. Pittsburgh Rebellion
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 7:00pm
"SOME COOL KID SENT THIS TO ME . . . said she would be sending me a video soon. I think the cool kids vote is in the bag!"
Speaking of support, here are some select comments left on his page:
"I think this guy is a hoot! How funny to read political humor that bears no bias . . . it's just FUNNY!"
"The Palins are coming to support you. That's Sarah and Michael."
"Hang in there, buddy.... Together we will win this battle!!!! Can i get yur autograph sumtime..... Yur # 1 fan VINCE!!!!!!!!"
"Stay tuned for a lawsuit from Disney."
"You have more potential than most of the politicians that I have seen in local and federal politics for the last 10+ years."
Finally, there is this video from Micky Mouth's first day on the campaign trail:
"WITH ALL THE HITS I'M GETTING ON MY CAMPAIGN VIDEO I THINK IT'S TIME TO START LOOKING AT 2012 . . . wink."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.