Mickey's Halloween Party Returns to Disneyland
It's that time of year, folks, when Disney shuts down nearly every attraction you want to ride for touch-ups and refurbishment, and then closes the parks early on top of it.
I was just in both parks on Tuesday and it seemed like every attraction in Disneyland was closed (Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, etc.) and California Adventure felt like a maze with all of the temporary walls they've put up at the entrance.
But all of these closures and renovations mark the start of fall, which also brings the annual celebration of Mickey's Halloween Party back to Disneyland at the end of the month. Learn more about the event (and find out who isn't too keen on the Haunted Mansion's annual The Nightmare Before Christmas face-lift) after the jump.
Disney's annual Halloween celebration (officially known as Mickey's Halloween Party) returns to Disneyland on Friday, September 30th.
Disney has held the annual event (which also happens in Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Florida under the name Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party) regularly since it debuted at California Adventure in 2005. During that time, the event was also known as Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party and Mickey's Halloween Treat. The event officially moved over to Disneyland in 2010 because of space constraints in California Adventure.
I have to admit, this is my favorite time of year to be in the parks, with the holidays in December being a close second. The way Disney incorporates both the feel of fall and the sense of spooky into the park is the best. Fall is my favorite season, Halloween my favorite holiday, but the weather in Los Angeles during September and October doesn't help much in setting the mood.
As I type this, it's nearly 100-degrees outside. Ugh. Gross.
Anyway, hot weather or not, Disney does what they can to set the perfect tone in the parks during the fall, and Mickey's Halloween Party looks to enhance that feeling even more.
The event will include the following opportunities and activities:
- Viewing of the boo-tiful Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular (9:30 each night)
- Admission to the Disneyland Park up to three hours prior to the event's start
- Take photos with favorite Disney Villains
- Special treat stations offering both yummy candy and healthy goodies
- Dressing up and enjoy the ghoulish goings-on at Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade (8:30 and 10:30 each night)
- At Piratepalooza in Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, kick up your boots with Goofy and other swashbucklers
- Come to Tomorrowland Terrace for Buzz Lightyear's Intergalactic Space Jam -- a high-energy dance party that goes to infinity and beyond
- Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Lively music so your bones can boogie
- Plus, lots more entertainment for little boys and ghouls
I'm not a big fan of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy but I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday, so that makes it all worth it.
But you know who isn't a big fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas-themed facelift? Ryan Gosling. No kidding. I couldn't find video of it online, but in a recent interview with KTLA he admitted that he loves going to Disneyland but is not a fan of the annual Haunted Mansion switch.
Really, Ryan Gosling? Really?!? Eh, it's okay. My body's still a zombie for you. (If you get that, I love you.)
Anyway, here are the dates and prices for Mickey's Halloween Party:
$49 per person for Advance price (September 30, October 3, 11, 18 & 25)
$59 per person for Day-of-Event price (September 30, October 3, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21 & 25)
$64 per person for Premium price (October 18 & 31)
Learn more about the event and purchase your tickets here.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.