Manuel Ramos, Cop Accused of Killing Kelly Thomas, Has Continued Arraignment This Morning
The arraignment of Fullerton Police Officer Manuel Ramos, who has been charged with murdering homeless man Kelly Thomas, was scheduled to be continuing this morning in Santa Ana.
Ramos' defense attorney, John Barnett, is expected to ask Orange County Superior Court Judge Erick Larsh to reduce the defendant's $1 million bail.
The cop, who already pleaded not guilty to felony second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter charges, is being held in isolation at Orange County Jail. He could be sentenced to 15 years to life in state prison if convicted.
Police Corporal Jay Cicinelli also pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter and use of excessive force in Thomas' death. Cicinelli is out on $25,000 bond with a pre-trial hearing scheduled for Nov. 4.
- Our complete Kelly Thomas archives
- Kelly Thomas Killing Prompts DA Tony Rackauckas' Finest Moment
- An Inside Look At Ron Thomas' Day At The District Attorney's Office and the Arraignment of The Two Fullerton Policemen Charged
- Murder Charge, Counts Against 2 Cops in Kelly Thomas Beating Case
- Kelly Thomas, OC Homicide No. 43: Cop Accused of Beating Homeless Man to Death
- Kenton Hampton, Who A Witness Says Punched And Kneed Kelly Thomas In The Head, Is Allegedly Tied To A Third Act Of Violence
- Fullerton Police Cites People for Honking at Protest
- Kelly Thomas Died Of Blunt Force Trauma To The Head, Says Attorney Garo Mardirossian, At Press Conference; Medical Records Released
- Ron Thomas Hopes Fullerton Police Officers Who Killed His Son Are So Scared of Threats That "They Have Diarrhea Every Day"
- Sources: Slidebar Kitchen Placed Call Resulting in Kelly Thomas' Death
- State Funds Classes To Teach Law Enforcement How To Interact With Mentally Ill, Majority Of Officials In OC Haven't Taken It
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.