At last night's city council meeting, almost a year after four Fullerton police officers wrongfully raided her home, Robyn Nordell got the apology and policy change she's been waiting for.
Turns out, the officers mistook the Nordell home for a neighbor's home, where they were to enforce a parole violation.
"That kind of thing could end in tragedy," Nordell told theWeekly
. "It's vitally important that they get the right house."
In the Nordell case, however, the officers didn't report the mistake to a command staff employee until five days and several phone calls by Nordell after the incident. Nordell said knowing that it might never have come to light if not for her persistence was almost worse than the raid itself.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Our complete Kelly Thomas archives
Ron Thomas Calls On 'Kelly's Army' to Stop Protesting in Front of Fullerton Police Department
- Officers Charged In Kelly Thomas Case Won't Be Paid
- [UPDATED with Cops Pitch In For Ramos' Bail:] Officer Manuel Ramos Released From Orange County Jail On $1M Bail Early This Morning
Judge Denies Officer Manuel Ramos' Request For Lower Bail; John Barnett, Ramos' Attorney, Calls Kelly Thomas 'Violent Felon'
Murder Charge, Counts Against 2 Cops in Kelly Thomas Beating Case
- Kelly Thomas Killing Prompts DA Tony Rackauckas' Finest Moment
An Inside Look At Ron Thomas' Day At The District Attorney's Office and the Arraignment of The Two Fullerton Policemen Charged
- Kenton Hampton, Who A Witness Says Punched And Kneed Kelly Thomas In The Head, Is Allegedly Tied To A Third Act Of Violence
- Fullerton Police Cites People for Honking at Protest
- Kelly Thomas Died Of Blunt Force Trauma To The Head, Says Attorney Garo Mardirossian, At Press Conference; Medical Records Released
- Ron Thomas Hopes Fullerton Police Officers Who Killed His Son Are So Scared of Threats That "They Have Diarrhea Every Day"
- Sources: Slidebar Kitchen Placed Call Resulting in Kelly Thomas' Death
- State Funds Classes To Teach Law Enforcement How To Interact With Mentally Ill, Majority Of Officials In OC Haven't Taken It