- Should UCI Chancellor Michael V. Drake step down? Drake's decision to drop scholar Erwin Chemerinsky for being too liberal to run UC Irvine's new law school has some faculty members calling for his resignation, reports the Times.
- More folks sue the sheriff: Last week, a Muslim lady sued Sheriff Carona and his department for stripping her of her hijab. Now, the parents of a 19-year-old inmate who died in OC jail alleges that the sheriff's dept. is to blame for their son's death. Danny Blajos died of natural causes according to department records, but a doctor says blunt force trauma was responsible.
- Daniel Hernandez says goodbye: Yesterday, Gustavo broke the news about LA Weekly dynamo Daniel Hernandez scoring a book deal and leaving Los Angeles (and the Weekly). Hernandez posts an emotional blog entry in response.
- LB tightens the tap: Long Beach is getting stricter with its water restrictions. The city plans to release new rules in the next week or so, detailing when residents can water their lawns and how restaurants will be serving water to customers.
- This weekend: Celebrate Mexican Independence on Saturday and Sunday at Fiestas Patrias in Santa Ana. Details here.
Recommended For YouPowered by SailThru
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!