- Anger in the air:Vietnamese-Americans are expected to gather in Dana Point tonight to protest the presence of Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet - who many have human rights and religious freedom questions for.
- Desegregation entry "festive" after all: Earlier in the week, we noted that a Huntington Beach panel frowned upon the idea of having a float celebrating desegregation in their Fourth of July parade. Not festive enough, they said. But a little media coverage and arm twisting later, and poof, they've had a change of heart.
- Marine bashing: Two marines were found beaten outside a San Clemente bar this morning - one with a broken arm, the other with an eye swollen shut.
- Mardi Gras in Long Beach: The 21st annual Long Beach Bayou Festival hits Rainbow Lagoon Park in Long Beach today through Sunday.
- Today in court: Arraignment is set for Blaine Bowker, 36, who police say stabbed two men and a woman in Dana Point.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.