- OC Performing Arts Center sues over sucky design: The center wants at least $30 million from the architect and construction company that built the $240 million structure, citing unexpected cost overruns, delays and design issues.
- Cough it up, Carona: OC Sheriff Michael Carona will have to pay a $15,000 fine to settle allegations that he violated election laws eight times by billing his campaign committee an estimated $130,000 in expenses that he vaguely listed as "loans," reports the Times.
- Smile, LAT: Fishbowl LA gets hold of an internal LA Times memo looking for "50 enthusiastic employees" (who aren't eligible for overtime) to be in a crowd scene for a commercial pimping Times education products. "Is Tribune is too cheap to hire actors?" wonders FBLA's Kate Coe.
- OC Judge in trouble: Superior Court Judge Kelly MacEachern's been accused of lying on her expense report.
- Return of the inflated screen:: The drive-in theater that disappeared when the OC Fair came to town is up again. Now playing: Rush Hour 3 and Superbad.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.