- Bye for now: Harald Martin, the Anaheim school trustee everyone loves to hate (and Gustavo likes to thank for unleashing The Mexican within) handed in his resignation letter yesterday. But don't drop the balloons just yet. He says he'll be running again next year.
- Ride a bus today: If you've never been on an OCTA bus, today's the day to do it. The public trans people are celebrating 35 years, and reducing their usual $1.25 rate to 35 cents for the occasion. OCTA's also rolling out a Birthday Bus, decked out in 70's decor. If you catch it, you might just win a prize.
- Angels vs. Anaheim: Angels owner Arte Moreno isn't pleased with the city's proposed development in the Angel Stadium parking lot. The Times reports that he could take it to court. The city once said it wouldn't build on the lot without the Angels' consent, but now council members are singing a different tune. "...we are proceeding further without any negotiation," said Councilman Harry Sidhu.
- Today at 5: The Orange International Street Fair starts up in Old Towne Orange, at Chapman Avenue and Glassell Street.
- Tonight to Labor Day eve: The Boom Boom Room is closing after 80 years of giving pretty gay bois a place to brush up against each other in Laguna Beach. The Boom says goodbye with four nights of extreme partying. The DJ list is over here.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.