- An Irvine spy? Irvine businessman and peace activist Ali Shakeri has been imprisoned in Iran and charged with espionage. A State Department official denied that Shakeri was working for the U.S. gov't, though.
- Gobsmacked: Folks at Capistrano Unified can't fathom how a guy could turn down a $300,000 job.
- Dating discord: A California lesbian is suing eHarmony, alleging that the dating site discriminates against gays, lesbians and bisexuals.
- The countdown is on: Five days till Paris is put behind bars.
- Today in court: Sentencing is set for Michael Rizer, a Westminster man convicted of murdering his mother after the jury rejected an insanity defense last year.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts