- An Irvine spy? Irvine businessman and peace activist Ali Shakeri has been imprisoned in Iran and charged with espionage. A State Department official denied that Shakeri was working for the U.S. gov't, though.
- Gobsmacked: Folks at Capistrano Unified can't fathom how a guy could turn down a $300,000 job.
- Dating discord: A California lesbian is suing eHarmony, alleging that the dating site discriminates against gays, lesbians and bisexuals.
- The countdown is on: Five days till Paris is put behind bars.
- Today in court: Sentencing is set for Michael Rizer, a Westminster man convicted of murdering his mother after the jury rejected an insanity defense last year.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.