DA's Charges in Kelly Thomas Case Prompt Families of Two Long Beach Men Shot by Police to Ask for Same Results
In the wake of Tony Rackauckas' decision to charge two on-duty policemen in the beating death of Kelly Thomas last week, families of two unarmed men who were fatally shot by Long Beach police officers within the past year are asking Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley to follow suit.
At 4 p.m. today, the victims' families, their shared attorney,Brian Claypool,
and other community members will hold a press conference in front of the D.A.'s office in hopes of persuading Cooley to file charges against the officers.
- Our complete Kelly Thomas archives
- Officers Charged In Kelly Thomas Case Won't Be Paid
- [UPDATED with Cops Pitch In For Ramos' Bail:] Officer Manuel Ramos Released From Orange County Jail On $1M Bail Early This Morning
Judge Denies Officer Manuel Ramos' Request For Lower Bail; John Barnett, Ramos' Attorney, Calls Kelly Thomas 'Violent Felon'
Murder Charge, Counts Against 2 Cops in Kelly Thomas Beating Case
- Kelly Thomas Killing Prompts DA Tony Rackauckas' Finest Moment
An Inside Look At Ron Thomas' Day At The District Attorney's Office and the Arraignment of The Two Fullerton Policemen Charged
- Kenton Hampton, Who A Witness Says Punched And Kneed Kelly Thomas In The Head, Is Allegedly Tied To A Third Act Of Violence
- Fullerton Police Cites People for Honking at Protest
- Kelly Thomas Died Of Blunt Force Trauma To The Head, Says Attorney Garo Mardirossian, At Press Conference; Medical Records Released
- Ron Thomas Hopes Fullerton Police Officers Who Killed His Son Are So Scared of Threats That "They Have Diarrhea Every Day"
- Sources: Slidebar Kitchen Placed Call Resulting in Kelly Thomas' Death
- State Funds Classes To Teach Law Enforcement How To Interact With Mentally Ill, Majority Of Officials In OC Haven't Taken It
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.