Suspended Fired from Campus Cop Gig for Pro-Nazi, Anti-Black Instagrams
See the update at the end of this post with Carlos Vasquez's former Golden West College boss clarifying he was fired.
ORIGINAL POST, NOV. 4, 8:06 A.M.: A security officer has been suspended from his job at one of two Orange County college campuses following a television-news report that indicated the 31-year-old has been posting pro-Nazi and anti-black sentiments on Instragram. Carlos Vasquez was disciplined by Golden West College in Huntington Beach, where he works as a public safety officer, but apparently not at UC Irvine, where he serves as a parking officer.
Under the handle "cloz_vaz," Vasquez posted on Instragram pictures of swastikas, Adolf Hitler and photos of African-Americans with racist comments, reports KCBS/Channel 2.
Included in the collection:
- A photo of a black mother with two children in her arms and the caption "Mammy, when is daddy coming home from prison? I miss seeing him beat you and I miss how he made us hungry."
- A photo of a young black boy with the caption "Waking up in juvenile jail. It's in their blood."
- Images of swastikas over a baby's diaper and drawn in mustard on a hamburger with the caption "I will have the Nazi burger easy on the Jew sauce."
- A photo of Vasquez's own children superimposed in Hitler's arms with the caption "Proud father moment when my daughter met the great fuhrer."
- Another picture of Hitler and the children with the caption "I love how attentive my kids are when it comes to real WW2 history."
New Japan Pro Wrestling - G1 Special In The USA
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 5:00pm
Orange County Soccer Club vs. Portland Timbers 2
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Temptation vs. Pittsburgh Rebellion
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 7:00pm
Orange County Soccer Club vs. Phoenix Rising FC
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 7:00pm
So, yeah, a history buff is he.
It's the fantasy images of Vasquez's own children with Hitler that most concerned Melissa Carr of the Orange County Anti-Defamation League, according to City News Service.
KCBS reports the Instagram account was deleted shortly after its reporter confronted Vasquez about it.
While Golden West College immediately placed him on administrative leave due to the photos, a UCI spokeswoman said they do not violate campus rules because they were posted on Vasquez's personal account.
UPDATE, NOV. 4, 10:55 A.M.: A short clarification courtesy of Jon Arnold, Golden West College's Department of Public Safety director:
"I just wanted to notify you that Vazquez was terminated from his employment with Golden West College."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.