Capistrano Seaside Inn Among Nation's Dirtiest
Needs a scrubbing.
Capistrano Seaside Inn has been singled out as one of the dirtiest hotels in the country.
That's dirty as in grimy, not dirty as in what Britney Spears sings about.
TripAdvisor conducted a survey among travelers and came up with this list of the dirtiest hotels in the U.S. for 2010:
1) Heritage Marina, San Francisco
2) Days Inn Eureka/Six Flags, Eureka, Mo.
3) [TIE] Tropicana Resort Hotel and Super 8 Virginia Beach/At the Ocean, Virginia Beach
5) Quality Inn, Stroudsburg, Pa.
6) New York Inn, New York
7) Parisian Hotel & Suites, Miami Beach
8) Capistrano Seaside Inn, Capistrano Beach, Calif.
9) Desert Lodge, Palm Springs, Calif.
10) Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach, Miami Beach
Bedbugs, vomit-crusted carpets, hookers in the hallway and urine-scented mattresses and stairwells were among the, um, qualities that landed some of these establishments on this year's list.
Operators of Capistrano Seaside Inn have this going for them: It's not like 80 percent of the travelers who responded to the poll mentioned the hotel, like was the case with Heritage Marina.
"If you are filming a horror flick or a slasher movie, this is the place for you," one reviewer warned in October, according to David Wilkening's TravelMole piece. "If you are a NORMAL person, avoid it like the plague!"
That's Heritage Marina, located downtown about a 15-minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf. Ask for it by name!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.