Anti-war, pro-pot, anti-tax, libertarian, foe-of-foreign-aid cranks unite!
Teabagger No-bi Wan Kenobi Ron Paul has announced he's running for president again.
"Time has come around to the point where the people are agreeing with much of what I've been saying for 30 years," the 75-year-old said this morning on Good Morning America. "So, I think the time is right."
What's to love?
1) He opposes capital punishment.
2) He supports expanding ballot access to third-party candidates.
3) He opposes the War on Drugs.
4) He opposes "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
5) He opposes the Patriot Act and torture.
6) He opposes government I.D. cards.
7) In 2009, he was one of two Members of Congress who pledged to reject U.S. government pensions.
8) He was one of four Republicans who last month voted against the GOP's so-called "Path to Prosperity" budget proposal.
9) He called Ronald Reagan a failure.
10) Nolan Ryan is a pal.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
OK, so there is his love of guns and opposition to abortion, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and healthcare for all. And, though he later denied making them, there were the racist, creepy and homophobic first-person writings in the newsletter bearing his name. Nobody's perfect. But with Newt already in and Trump close to tossing that thing growing on his head into the ring, Ron Paul comes off downright respectable.
Welcome back, Dr. No.