If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Animal Collective tops Pitchfork's albums (Merriweather Post Pavilion) and tracks ("My Girls) tallies.
- Metacritic comes to same conclusion, crunches the numbers and goes with Merriweather Post Pavilion.
- Spin picks Merriweather Post Pavillion, as well, chooses Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Zero" as best song.
- Said the Gramophone chooses Sharon Van Etten spectral "Much More Than That" as best song.
- Rolling Stone crowns U2's No Line on the Horizon album of the year.
- Paste dubs the Avett Brothers' I And Love And You No. 1 album--Animal Collective finishes second.