Top Five Fan Remakes of Lady Gaga's "Telephone"
Don't ask about Heard Mentality's current obsession with Lady Gaga; just know that we spend sleepless nights watching her videos and trying to figure out where she gets outfit ideas that seem regurgitated but fresh at the same time.
Hey -- at least we're not the only ones with a Gaga obsession. There are over 600 remakes of "Telephone" on Youtube! After the jump, check out the best fan remakes we could find, which include soldiers in Afghanistan acting like the Village People, a fey Canadian boy, an overweight, balding middle-aged man and a gaggle of über-cute teenagers.
1. Two U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan Give New Meaning to the Term "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Apparently, this is what soldiers do to keep morale high in the desert.
2. These Teenagers Give Gaga's DIY Skills A Run For Her Money.
It also seemed like a lot of work. It's paid off, though; it has almost 300,000 views on Youtube and was tweeted by Gaga herself!
3. This Takes The Best Lady Gaga Impersonation By A Prepubescent Boy Award
Danik Renaud, who plays Lady Gaga in this remake, is a 16-year-old from Canada who likes Vitamin Water and still takes math tests. And yes, those are Coke cans in his hair. (Although to be honest, I got kind of confused by the shifting lead role. Minus points for inconsistency!)
4. This Little Girl Makes Me Wish Gaga Was Around When I Was Six
It's also, you know, half creepy, half awesome.
5. Just Because Sometimes, A Fat Dude Dancing Is Enough To Make You Keel Over From Laughing
Plus, you have to give him props for doing the entire thing all by his lonesome.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.