Sublime Commemorates the 20th Anniversary of the LA Riots With a T-Shirt
Does it matter that "April 29, 1992," Bradley Nowell's take on the LA riots had the wrong date in the lyrics? Nope--it's still one of the most memorable historical documents of the riots, which took place over six days, when thousands of people in the LA area rioted following the acquittal of the police officers who beat Rodney King. I guess it's not enough that every radio station plays "April 29, 1992" repeatedly each year, because Sublime (not Sublime with Rome) is commemorating the event with a 20th anniversary shirt (pictured above).
- Don't Start a Riot: Fourteen years after Bradley Nowell's tragic death, Sublime (With Rome) are back and headed for a town near you
- SLIDESHOW: See exclusive images from Bradley Nowell's father own collection.
- Sublime's Former Drummer and DJ Marshall Goodman, Remembers Bradley Nowell
- Reel Big Fish's Aaron Barrett on Bradley Nowell: 'Our Song Beer Was Our Attempt at Writing a Sublime Song'
- Free Moral Agents' Ikey Owens on Bradley Nowell: 'He Told Me I Played Too Much'
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.