Today NBA star Shaquille O'Neal posted on his Twitter account that "I'm retiring" and "Shaq ooout" today. On the video linked from his Tweet, he says, ""We did it. Nineteen years, baby. (I) want to thank you very much. That's why I'm telling you first, I'm about to retire. Love you. Talk to you soon."
The Boston Celtics have not announced the retirement of the 7-foot-1-inch center, who has won four NBA titles in 19 years. According to CNN, he is fifth on the NBA's all-time career scoring list with 28,596 points.
If this is official, does that mean his rapping alter-ego, Shaq Diesel, is coming back in full force? Sure there's a Greatest Hits CD out, but that was 15 years ago. Here are five reasons (not including this awesome one of him singing "When the Doves Cry.") Shaq should go back to doing music full time.
1. Shaq sings with Justin Bieber: "I'm your biggest fan!" he adlibs. Shaq keeps it current, which means he'll be a hit with the tweens too.
2. Shaq lipsyncs Rick James...in a wig!
Looks like Shaq is takinga cue from Manila Luzon and opting for a wider market share
afterthis one of him lipsyncing Aaliyah didn't cut it
...Did he just have a wig lying around? (Also, I didn't know they made halter tops in his size.)
3. Shaq busts out the moves
...check him out poppin' and lockin' with his kids. Sure it's not singing, but that just means he's capable of performing a whole song AND dance number ala Britney Spears!
4. Shaq can really rap
- Here's his 1996 video for "Strait Playin'," which is really just as good (or better) as anything the White Girl Mob has out (except for maybe "Gucci Gucci
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5. Shaq freestyles like a monster
- Remember the Kobe-directed freestyle "Tell Me How My Ass Tastes?" That was hilarious, heartfelt and real. If he did that again with a whole album, he could give Lady Gaga a run for her money.