- An actual music review of Shakira's hip shaking at the Honda Center involves commentary on her weight ("thinner than usual") and how she "tore off pieces of clothing." Um... (Jezebel would probably approve of OC Weekly's benign slideshow and footage of her impromptu parking lot performance.) [OCR]
- JP, Chrissie Hynde, and the Fairground Boys played their debut House of Blues Anaheim show Wednesday. OCR described them as "whiskey vs. honey," but we're more interested in the fact that JP and Hynde are actual lovers! And he's 28 years younger! Awesome. Read the Sound Check interview and the review. [OCR]
- Nickelback's Chad Kroger admitted that alcohol helps their sound become tolerable at their show at Honda Center Friday. Apparently, he needed a fair dose of fire water to get through their set as well. [OCR]
- We Are The Pilots wrapped up their October residency at the Detroit Bar this week. These shows brought on a trial run of incorporating a laser light show into their set. [OCAC]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Locals The Colourist were named "Featured Musician" by Roadtrip Nation. Find out why the reporter was nervous to speak to the band. [RTN]