Orange Bits: Shakira, Nickelback, Chrissie Hynde and Local Natives On Tour
Christopher Victorio/OC Weekly
From interviews with Chrissie Hynde to Shakira shaking things up in Anaheim here's the local music news we didn't cover.
- An actual music review of Shakira's hip shaking at the Honda Center involves commentary on her weight ("thinner than usual") and how she "tore off pieces of clothing." Um... (Jezebel would probably approve of OC Weekly's benign slideshow and footage of her impromptu parking lot performance.) [OCR]
- JP, Chrissie Hynde, and the Fairground Boys played their debut House of Blues Anaheim show Wednesday. OCR described them as "whiskey vs. honey," but we're more interested in the fact that JP and Hynde are actual lovers! And he's 28 years younger! Awesome. Read the Sound Check interview and the review. [OCR]
- Nickelback's Chad Kroger admitted that alcohol helps their sound become tolerable at their show at Honda Center Friday. Apparently, he needed a fair dose of fire water to get through their set as well. [OCR]
- We Are The Pilots wrapped up their October residency at the Detroit Bar this week. These shows brought on a trial run of incorporating a laser light show into their set. [OCAC]
- Locals The Colourist were named "Featured Musician" by Roadtrip Nation. Find out why the reporter was nervous to speak to the band. [RTN]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.