- A squeaky-clean American Idol starlet came to the Grove, creeping out one Register reviewer: "There's something unsettling about Jordin Sparks." Could it be that she spells her first name wrong? [OC Register]
- Local rockers Kiev recently recorded with a London-based, kinda-sorta-renowned producer. [OCR]
- Dueling Hootenanny reviews! The Register thinks Chuck Berry blew it, the Los Angles Times thought he was okay. We, if you remember, took the reasonable, nuanced middle ground. [OCR, LAT]
- Ahead of their appearance in Irvine for Lilith Fair, Weepies frontman Steve Tannen answers a query about how it feels to be one of the few male frontmen at the festival. "Fifteen thousand women and me," he says. "What's the question?" [LAT]
- OC's fortunate indie sons Local Natives drop a hip-hop remix of "Wide Eyes." [LAT]
- There's a Fullerton group called "Electronic Meat." Terrible band name, or great one? Gonna side with terrible here. Everyday Noise thinks otherwise. [Everyday Noise]
- A review of the new Venus Infers album, highlighting its "sexy dark undertones." [EN]
- Scrappy anoymous local blogger reviews this past Tuesday's Detroit Bar show and banishes Anaheim's Peyote Players to a south-county dive bar. Don't ask. [The Ruffian]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!