NOW! That's What I Call... 14 Songs No One Misses
Someone we know--we won't name names--quoted a line from 'Bad Touch' by Bloodhound Gang last week. (Yes, the "You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals..." song). The fact these lyrics were at the forefront of someone's mind in the year 2014 still befuddles us.
Our response to the musical offender: "Now there's a song no one misses!"
The incident made us reminisce about one-hit wonders we wouldn't shed a tear over had they been suddenly eradicated from earth. In fact, the world might be a better place if these songs suddenly went M.I.A.
And so we present '14 Songs No One Misses' in the form of NOW That's What I Call Shitty Music! Volume 187 (because you know it will happen eventually). Feel free to indulge in watching the horrendously cheesy music videos. We know you want to see meteoroids narrowly miss Scott Stapp while he's singing in a field again...
14. Falco - "Rock Me Amadeus" (1985). Unarguably the worst song from the 80s.
13. Afroman - "Because I Got High" (2001). Who else had an ex-boyfriend who thought this song was specifically written for him?
12. Sisqo - "Thong Song" (2000). This song increased the sale of thongs in the early 2000s. That's quite an accomplishment.
11. Chumbawamba - "Tubthumping" (1997). Uhm, yeah... we didn't buy this single when it came out either...10. James Blunt - "You're Beautiful"
(2005). The mere thought of this song makes us vomit in our mouths a little bit.
9. Creed - "With Arms Wide Open" (2000). Where do we begin...
8. Nickelback - "Rockstar" (2006). At least Chad Kroger is only visible in the last second of the video.
7. John Mayer - "Your Body Is A Wonderland" (2001). If there's one thing we learned from this song it's Jennifer Love Hewitt should have never dated John Mayer.
6. Vengaboys - "We like to Party!" (1998). You almost need a lobotomy to get this song out of your head.5. Bloodhound Gang - "Bad Touch"
(1999). Sexual harassment in a monkey suit.
4. Lou Bega - "Mambo No. 5" (1999). This song was a staple at every function that involved a tiled dance floor.
3. Baja Men - "Who Let the Dogs Out?" (2000). When your chorus includes barking, you know you have a hit.
2. Quad City DJ's- "C'mon 'N Ride It (The Train)" (1996). Get. us. off. this. damn. train.
1. Los del Rio - "Macarena" (1994). You're lying if you claim you don't remember the moves...NOW That's What I Call Shitty Music! Volume 187
Los del Rio - Macarena (1994) C'mon 'N Ride It (The Train) - Quad City DJ's (1996) Chumbawamba - Tubthumping (1997) Vengaboys - We like to Party! (1998) Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch (1999) Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5 (1999) Creed - With Arms Wide Open (2000) Baja Men - Who Let the Dogs Out? (2000) Sisqo - Thong Song (2000) Afroman - Because I Got High (2001) John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland (2001) James Blunt - You're Beautiful (2005) Nickelback - Rockstar (2006)
BONUS TRACK: Falco - Rock Me Amadeus (1985)
See also: 25 Greatest OC Bands of All Time: The Complete List 20 Greatest OC Albums of All Time Best OC Musicians By Genre Follow us on Twitter at @OCWeeklyMusic and like us on Facebook at Heard Mentality.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.