Maybe you're the one person in the world who didn't like Madonna's gladiator-inspired, star-studded halftime show at Superbowl XLVI. Let me convince you otherwise.
1. Her Madgesty performed old hits that reminded every one she was Madonna: From "Vogue," to "Music" to "Like a Prayer," she took us back to a time when we worshipped everything she did, with her song choices, elaborate costumes and just how fit she was. Everyone remarked that she looked amazing and could do crazy gymnastics for a 53-year-old, but even that stumble on the bleachers was endearing--hey, Madonna's human too!
2. M.I.A. flipped people off and almost said shit, but in such a sneaky way NBC couldn't censor it in time. Hooray for little acts of anarchy! It also reminded us that this four-minute bit of sickness had just came out:
M.I.A.'s "Bad Girls" is the best song I'd heard in a while, and this video has so many incredibly cool moments we can't even count them.
3. Madonna not only shuffled better than LMFAO, she also did cartwheels on the bleachers.
4. CeeLo Green haters can now give him a pass.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
I'm not crazy (heh) about CeeLo Green, but his "Like a Prayer" duet with Madonna was perfection.
5. It was everything a halftime show should be. A star-studded, riveting performance you couldn't take your eyes off, with fancy special effects and eye candy up the yin-yang, it made us forget that a football game was even going on. Awww, yeah. (Lady Gaga who?)