How to Write a Review for Rolling Stone
• Anything good is "crucial."
• A good guitar solo is "searing."
• A really good guitar solo is "blistering."
• A good vocal performance is "urgent."
• -A really good vocal performance is "angst-ridden."
• -The word "groove" shall be inserted into reviews of all black performers.
• Reference Britney.
• -Any artists with half-page or larger ads in the mag shall receive no less than a three-star rating in the same issue.
• -Familiarize yourself with rock & roll's expansive history, all the way back to Camper Van Beethoven.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.