How to Write a Review for Rolling Stone
• Anything good is "crucial."
• A good guitar solo is "searing."
• A really good guitar solo is "blistering."
• A good vocal performance is "urgent."
• -A really good vocal performance is "angst-ridden."
• -The word "groove" shall be inserted into reviews of all black performers.
• Reference Britney.
• -Any artists with half-page or larger ads in the mag shall receive no less than a three-star rating in the same issue.
• -Familiarize yourself with rock & roll's expansive history, all the way back to Camper Van Beethoven.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.