'High Five for First Kiss' Gets Remixed Into a Music Video, of Course. When Will Remixed Viral Videos Stop?
Here's a formula for viral videos circa 2011:
1. Take a video with 5.4 million hits and counting.
2. Grab a soundbyte ("hide your kids, hide your wife", "ting tong ling long ching chong" "we we we so excited" "I kiss you, you kiss me") and loop it around some notes...it doesn't even have to be a hook!
3. Sync some subpar music to the soundbyte (dubstep, or electronica--something that doesn't need rhyme, or rhythm)
4. Get noticed by the original uploader
5. Watch the hits trickle into your YouTube channel!
Have you seen this? "High Five for a First Kiss" features Elliott and Bowie, two kids who kiss on camera for the first time.
It's so totally adorable that it got 4.5 million hits in five days. Obviously, someone had to cash in on it and do a musical remix. It's not even good...where's Autotune the News when you need them?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.