Here's a formula for viral videos circa 2011:
1. Take a video with 5.4 million hits and counting.
2. Grab a soundbyte ("hide your kids, hide your wife", "ting tong ling long ching chong" "we we we so excited" "I kiss you, you kiss me") and loop it around some notes...it doesn't even have to be a hook!
3. Sync some subpar music to the soundbyte (dubstep, or electronica--something that doesn't need rhyme, or rhythm)
4. Get noticed by the original uploader
5. Watch the hits trickle into your YouTube channel!
Have you seen this? "High Five for a First Kiss" features Elliott and Bowie, two kids who kiss on camera for the first time.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
It's so totally adorable that it got 4.5 million hits in five days. Obviously, someone had to cash in on it and do a musical remix. It's not even good...where's Autotune the News when you need them?