LA Record's Chris Ziegler is deejaying the Long Beach Museum of Art's After Dark series tonight, and he made an art mix that you can download here. There are some gems in there--Mission of Burma's "Max Ernst," about the Dadaist purveyor (and cleverly incorporates the movement in its lyrics); there's Modern Lovers' "Girlfriend" (hey, love is more important than art?); and rarities such as the Embarrassment's "Hip And Well Read."
There will also be live music from post-rock improvisationalists Tiger Tank Euphoria, lo-fi popsters Sweater Girls, and Miniature Houses.
On view at the LBMA galleries are A Light in the Shadow - Decades of Art by Women (60 works of art by women from LBMA's permanent collections) , Chronicles of Collecting, Stories from Our Legacy, and Selections from Collectors Circle Acquisitions.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
The Long Beach Craft Mafia will be presenting live demos, and if you ride your bike to the event, you'll get a voucher good for one free appetizer or drink.
Anyway, here's Ziegler's Art Mix track list.
01. Swell Maps "H.S. Art"
02. The Rezillos "My Baby Does Good Sculptures"
03. Mission of Burma "Max Ernst"
04. Television Personalities "Salvador Dali's Garden Party"
05. Modern Lovers "Girlfriend" (since everyone knows "Pablo Picasso")
06. Art Museums "Sculpture Garden"
07. The Embarrassment "Hip And Well Read"
08. The Fall "Prole Art Threat"
09. Terry Allen "Truckload Of Art"
LBMA After Dark is open to the general public today, 6 to 10 p.m., with a $10 admission fee.