And so it's done. Three days of half-naked music enthusiasts, a ton of great music, balloons falling from the sky, a rap star singing in a crane...Obviously we'd do it again next year in a heartbeat, but here are some thoughts that aren't necessarily related to music that helps everyone in the long run:
1. Look at a map of the venue and figure out alternate routes. That's how we figured out how to get in and out of the festival in 20 minutes after the first day. It saves you time and makes for a much more pleasant concert experience.
2. Don't feel bad if you miss the band you wanted to see. After all, there's always another one playing in 20 minutes--in the meantime, go to the DoLab tent!
3. Comfort first! We did two things different this year: first, we wore different shoes everyday (it made a difference) and two, we made it a point to visit tents with misters/water spraying everywhere.
4. Check out the art installations. You'd probably see one of the bands in the lineup in your neighborhood at some point, unless it's like, Kanye West or Big Audio Dynamite--but that tesla coil won't be coming to Detroit Bar any time soon.
- Coachella Day One: On Friday, Every Cloud Had a Silver Lining--Plus, the Biggest Frikkin Deal Was Paul McCartney's DJ Set
- Coachella Day One: Three Truths Exposed by OFWGKTA's Friday Set
- Coachella Day One: Craziness Care of Ariel Pink and Lauryn Hill
- Coachella Day One: And We're In!
- Live From Coachella: We're Still Sitting in Traffic
- Coachella Day Two: Hits (Arcade Fire!), Misses (Animal Collective), Trending Topics and Predictions Involving Kanye West and Katy Perry
- Coachella Day Two: Big Audio Dynamite Nostalgia Not Enough; Animal Collective Needs More Weird
Coachella Day Two: Erykah Badu Gets Cut Off, Impending Face Meltage
- Kanye West Sans Katy Perry, Rihanna or Daft Punk
- Best Coast + Cat Talk!
- Coachella Day Three: I'm Going to Miss Seeing Half-Naked People Everywhere
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!