10 Signs You're a Hipster Parent
You know how it goes: "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage!" It's the same for everyone--even embittered hipsters who view love ironically fall prey to evolution and feel the need to procreate, so to speak. But if you're eschewing all sorts of labels (along with baby sign language and cloth diapers) you might want to see what makes you (inadvertently) a hipster parent. Just, you know, FYI.
9. You make your kid wear band shirts.
8. You own every single one of the Rockabye Baby! soundtracks.
Yes, this is Zooey Deschanel as a baby
5. Your baby is teething on edamame. (Even if it IS Dora-approved.)
4. Your baby had a Facebook and Twitter account from the womb, using Apple products.
3. His Baby Banz noise-blocking earmuffs are well-worn from FYF Fest, various Hollywood Bowl shows, front row appearances at Fashion Week and mommy's band practice.
2. Your baby has an ironic mullet, or a fauxhawk like Angelina Jolie's kid Maddox.
1. Your kid has been featured on the Sartorialist or Look at this Baby Hipster doing any (or all) of the following: drinking a Pabst, wearing a fake mustache, wearing feathers, playing a ukulele, wearing skinny jeans or a scarf.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.