This weekend, HARD's Day of the Dead celebration took place at a new location at the Fairplex Pomona Saturday November 1 through Sunday November 2. Way better than its old home at the LA Historic Park, the new venue gave attendees plenty of space to explore the five stages, attractions and revel in the Halloween weekend hoopla. With one of the most staked line-ups of the year, the fest brought out a diverse crowd ready to see everyone from Deadmau5 b2b with Eric Prydz, Pretty Lights, Calvin Harris, Bassnectar, to Jamie Jones and RL Grime with Cam'ron.
With plenty of real womens' restrooms with toilet paper, warm beer gardens and free charging stations, everyone was in happy spirits and the good vibes were infections. But the best thing were the costumes. Stepping away from the usual sexy raver outfit that we see at most EDM events, the HARD Day of the Dead crowd really stepped it up with creativity and humor. Here were the 10 best people we saw over the weekend:
10. Rave Cheshire Cat This innovatie spirit hood + LED glowing kandi mask wins on so many levels. Warmth, glowing and protecting yourself from potential dust while reppin' PLUR. We can dig it.
9. Pink Cow Who doesn't love a pink cow with green hair and a fanny pack? Onesies were all the rage this year, perfect for cold weather and the chance of rain. We're taking notes.
8. Joker Face Girl This girl did an awesome job at channeling her inner evil/dead self as she painted her whole face like a joker. We wonder if she scared a few people with that grin.
7. Random Banana Dudes If you thought the banana costume was old, these guys are taking it to the next level. We're sure Diplo is proud.
6. Free Mammogram Guy We have to give this guy props for creativity on ways to pick up girls on Halloween. We saw lots of boobs at Borgore's set, hopefully he was there saving the tatas.
5. Power Rangers We feel like Power Rangers when we walk into a rave with our squad too! This group gets extra points for letting a dude dress as the Pink Rangers.
4.Dia de Los Muertos We loved seeing everyone's interpretation of the Day of the Dead sugar skull, but this couple takes the cake for the color combination and effortless execution.
3. Pop Art Sex Pots These girls shared that IDGAFOS (I don't give a fuck or shit) attitude and we commend them. Plus that pop art make-up looks super dope in person.
2. Beetlejuice & Lydia Deetz This Tim Burton favorite couldn't be more fitting for the theme of the party. We just hope the young kids knew who the hell he was!
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1.Oompa Loompa "Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do. I have a perfect puzzle for you." Bringing childhood memories back one Oompa Loompa at a time.