First, let me say I support the filing of charges against the officers.
However, when will the dozens of journalists who interview Ron Thomas on a regular basis clarify the following issues:
1. It's been widely reported that Ron Thomas was a OCSD Deputy for six years, then retired. When will someone actually nail him down on his employment? How long did he work there? What was his rank? Did he retire, not make probation, get fired, etc.? If the employment separation was not of his own choosing, then what happened? Many commenters who seem to have knowledge said he failed to pass probation and his employment was brief.
2. Ron claims he trains police officers in tactics. Proof? When, where, what, how long, etc.?
3. Ron has said in the past that he will donate ALL proceeds from a civil suit to forming a foundation committed to providing services to mentally ill homeless, yet doesn't seem to say this lately. Has his intention regarding a civil suit settlement changed?
4. Ron seems to be absent in most photographs of Kelly. Is Ron a blood relative? Just how much time - months, years, etc. - did Ron actually live with Kelly?
5. Ron says he is a contractor - yet there is only one "Ronald Thomas" listed as on Orange County licensed contactor at the Contactor's State License Board, and he is a resident of Huntington Beach, not Cypress, which is where Thomas' lives. Just what is his history?
I say this because Ron seems to be something other than what he has claimed in interviews in the past. I question the nature of his relationship with Kelly (RIP), his employment, his motives, and pretty much everything about him. When will some of these journalists clarify these issues?