By Adam Lovinus
By Lilledeshan Bose
By Gabriel San Roman
By Rachel Mattice
By Stephanie Zacharek
By Daniel Kohn
By Nate Jackson
By Mike Seeley
• NKOTBSB, plus Matthew Morrison: Honda Center. July 6.
• Soundgarden: The Forum, 3900 W. Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, (310) 330-7300; www.thelaforum.com. July 22.
• FYF Fest: with the Descendents, Guided By Voices and Explosions In the Sky. First and Main, Downtown LA; fyffest.com. Sept. 3.
8808 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Category: Music Venues
2200 E. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Category: Music Venues
5305 Santiago Canyon Road
Silverado, CA 92676
Category: Attractions and Amusement Parks
411 Olive Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Region: Huntington Beach
• Pacific Festival: OC: featuring Snoop Dogg, Cut Copy and Steve Aoki. Oak Canyon Ranch, 5305 Santiago Canyon Rd., Silverado; pacificfestival.com. Aug. 13.
• Bob Dylan: Pacific Amphitheater, 100 Fair Dr., Costa Mesa, (714) 708-1870; www.pacamp.com. July 15.
The Free Concert-Goer! You're out and about but would rather spend money on booze than tickets. After all, who wants to spend money on music when free concerts abound? You're the music industry's worst nightmare, and you're gonna bet the RIAA has your name on its list of people to sue next. Never fear—we got you a legit list of concerts to watch this summer.
• Summer and Music's Sundays In the Park With SAM: featuring Fielding, Two Guns, Sam Outlaw, Summer Darling and more. Intersection of First Street and the Promenade, Long Beach; www.summerandmusic.com. Every Sun., through Aug. 27.
• Long Beach Funk Fest: Pine Avenue, Long Beach; www.summerandmusic.com. Aug. 20.
• BuskerFest: First & Linden, East Village Arts District, Long Beach; www.summerandmusic.com. Aug. 27.
• Surfin' Sundays Concert Series: International Surfing Museum, 315 Pacific Coast Hwy., Huntington Beach; or parking lot at 411 Olive Ave., Huntington Beach; www.surfingmuseum.org. Through Sept. 25.
• Fingerprints Records in-stores: including Taking Back Sunday (June 27) and Sarah Jarosz (June 30). 420 E. Fourth St., Long Beach, (562) 433-4996; www.fingerprintsmusic.com.
The Snobby Concert-Goer! Small venues, obscure bands, a bunch of your friends at secret shows without tripping over the masses. Who cares if no one else has heard of the bands you like?
• Alkaline Trio, the Smoking Popes and Dead Country: The Glass House, 200 W. Second St., Pomona, (909) 865-3802; www.theglasshouse.us. July 23.
• Demetri Martin: The Fox Theater Pomona, 301 S. Garey Ave., Pomona, (877) 283-6976; www.foxpomona.com. July 24.
• The 2011 Summer Partery Tour: with In Fear and Faith, Vanna, A Loss for Words, Close to Home, Ten After Two, Adestria, and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! The Glass House. July 15.
• Puro Instinct, John Maus and Geneva Jacuzzi: Detroit Bar, 843 W. 19th St., Costa Mesa, (949) 642-0600; www.detroitbar.com. July 13.
• Queens of the Stone Age: The Fox Theater Pomona. July 25.