By Gustavo Arellano
By Aimee Murillo
By Matt Coker
By Vickie Chang
By Matt Coker
By LP Hastings
By Michael Goldstein
By R. Scott Moxley
7. In May, Suleman took $5,000 and a month’s supply of veggie dogs and veggie burgers in exchange for hanging a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals poster outside her home. “Don’t let your dog or cat become an ‘octomom.’ Always spay or neuter” was emblazoned on the sign next to the PETA logo.
6. Suleman appeared in a bikini on the cover of January’s Star Magazine. In “My New Bikini Body!” she claimed to have dropped from 270 pounds to 120 pounds through exercise, a good diet and no plastic surgery. “No way; I would feel like I cheated,” she told the gossip rag.
5. The mother of 14 posed for a Christmas-card photo that prominently featured some of her brood and, even more prominently, her breastices dangling within a tight, low-cut top. Somewhere, Baby Jeebus cried.
4. Octomom revealed in September she was going on welfare, proving that someone other than Ronald Reagan could make welfare moms look bad.
2. With the help of a morning-radio comic, Suleman hawked autographed nursing bras, autographed pregnant panties, numerous autographed Octo toys and much more at a yard sale in front of her Madonna Lane home in September that drew as many reporters as buyers. Her goal was to raise $10,000; she made $2,600.
1. During California Medical Board hearings that could result in Octomom’s Beverly Hills fertility doctor Michael Kamrava losing his state medical license, it was revealed that 60 embryos were implanted in Suleman, including 12 in her last treatment that resulted in the single mother of six giving birth to eight more children. Some experts testified that Kamrava was using Suleman as a “human guinea pig,” but the doctor and others maintained she knew what was going on, that she demanded the multiple-embryo procedures and—most troubling—she has more on ice.
* * *
TOP 10 CONVICTED PERVS
10. Fullerton resident Timothy Han, a 21-year-old youth pastor, had sex with a 15-year-old girl in the parking lot of Miracle Land Baptist Church in Cypress, where they also smoked marijuana. Han copped to a misdemeanor in November.
9. James Scott Campbell of Santa Ana made sexy talk to his live-in housekeeper, who refused the 68-year-old’s advances. He then served the 48-year-old woman a bowl of ice cream that, unknown to her, was loaded with the sleeping pill Temazepam. It almost killed her, and a later search of his home turned up a cache of “sex-fuel” pills. Campbell was sentenced in November to four years in the can.
8. Richard Alan Chaney, 25, of Costa Mesa, engaged in sexually explicit conversations, mutual exhibitionism and masturbation with a 14-year-old Texas girl he met via the webcam-based Internet site Stickam.com. She later sneaked out of a house at 4 a.m. while visiting family in California and engaged in oral copulation with Chaney. When her mom found out, she contacted investigators, who found in Chaney’s possession videos of him having sex with the 14-year-old and a 17-year-old, including segments of oral copulation and digital penetration of the older girl while she was unconscious. He was sentenced in October to nine years in state prison and ordered to register as a sex offender.
7. Alejandro Lorenzo Contreras, 24, annoyed a 12-year-old girl at the Stanton Public Library in July, pleading with her to give him pictures of herself. Cops later found him in possession of child porn, including an image on his phone of another young girl. He was sentenced in October to a year in jail and three years probation and ordered to register as a sex offender, but prosecutors fumed that Contreras should have been charged with felonies that would have resulted in a long prison stretch.
6. A woman carrying her infant son to Olivewood Elementary School in Lake Forest for lunch with her daughter passed karate instructor Amonullah Sakhi’s home. Glancing out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of the 25-year-old in his doorway: His jogging pants were around his ankles as he jerked off. He told cops who arrested him at his studio that he’d put on similar shows to several other passing women. He was sentenced in August to 120 days in jail and three years of probation and ordered to register as a sex offender.
5. Jose Rama Campoverde, the 45-year-old pastor at Ministerio Cristo Vive church in Anaheim, sexually assaulted girls as young as 13 in cases stretching back to 2004. He met some victims through the church. Campoverde, who has a prior 1992 conviction for the sale or distribution of drugs, was sentenced to six years in state prison in July.
4. Jonathan Jimenez-Gonzalez, 19, followed a student walking home from Tustin High School; asked the 18-year-old if he could walk with her; and, after she refused his offer, lured her into an apartment-complex laundry room, where he sexually assaulted her. She managed to escape just after he pulled down his pants to flash his ween. He pleaded guilty in May and is awaiting sentencing.
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city