By On the occasion of our 20th anniversary
By Gustavo Arellano
By R. Scott Moxley
By Alfonso Delgado
By Courtney Hamilton
By Joel Beers
By Peter Maguire
By Charles Lam
This season’s winner of Design Star on HGTV has her own company right here in Orange County called Plural Interior Design. Since the show ended, she has been working harder than ever to make the county a better (-looking) place.
I’m always a fan of drawing out a client’s personality in a space, so that the environment is unique. There are no formal rules to what constitutes art, and opening up that vision in my clients is my first priority. To create inspiring and affordable spaces, I’ve got some stores here in OC that I just can’t live without.
One of my favorites is Home Goods: They have great, affordable accessories and artwork, and it’s fun to search for items there. Another is OC Flooring: To me, they are the best flooring company around because they have fair pricing and are very reliable. Best of all, they are quick! I’m always in search of art, so the Art and Frame Co. in Costa Mesa is a must, as they do custom framing and have a huge selection for all of my needs. Of course, I have to mention the Home Consignment Center, too, because it is a fabulous place to find anything at low prices (don’t be afraid to ask for a better price, either), and since I like repurposing, it’s the perfect place to shop if you’re interested in going green.
• Plural Interior Design, www.Pluralid.com.
• Home Goods, various locations; www.homegoods.com.
• OC Flooring, Carpet Distributors, 23501 Ave. de la Carlota, Ste. C, Laguna Hills, (949) 855-3222.
• Flooring Distributors, 1350 S. State College Blvd., Anaheim, (714) 687-1166; www.ocflooring.net.
• Art and Frame Co., 102 Kalmus Dr., Costa Mesa, (800) 506-7624; www.kingofframe.com.
• The Home Consignment Center, various locations; www.thehomeconsignmentcenter.com.