With a diverse set of admirers ranging from the late Muddy Waters to Radioheads Jonny Greenwood, the Fender Telecaster endures as a music legend in its own right. Back in 1938, the man behind the legend, Leo Fender, opened his first electronics repair shop in Fullerton. Fender started out repairing radios, but (thankfully) ended up making electric musical instruments. After a few name changes, Fender settled on Telecaster for his first electric guitar design. Chronicling the Telecasters revolutionary musical history, the Fullerton Museums Solid Design exhibit will display early models of the guitar in addition to Telecasters once strummed by rock stars.
Aug. 26-30, noon, 2008