• 1992: Praises the council in keynote speech to its annual convention, saying, "The people in this room stand for the right principles and the right philosophy. Let's take it in the right direction and our children will be the beneficiaries."
• 1994: Votes to defund MLK Day commission.
• 1994: Attends a council banquet in his honor.
• 1995: Again addresses the council.
• 1990-98: Writes occasional column for the council's newspaper.
• 1997: Photographed with council leaders, who use his endorsement for
• 1998: Attends council banquet honoring him.
• 2002: Council Web site banners pic of smiling Lott under the headline, "A Lott of Courage," and tells members, "Lott Needs Your Support."
• 2002: At Thurmond's 100th birthday party, Lott declares: "I want to say this about my state. When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either."