By Gustavo Arellano
By R. Scott Moxley
By Alfonso Delgado
By Courtney Hamilton
By Joel Beers
By Peter Maguire
By Charles Lam
By Charles Lam
Mathematicians and political scientists believe the number could be infinite, but Huntington Beach Mayor Dave Garofalo has apparently whittled down the list of his enemies to a convenient 12. We imagine it looks a little something like this:
1. Susie Newman: first revealed my ties to developers George Argyros and Chris Gibbs through Pacific Liberty Bank. More of a woman than I'll ever have, and more of a man than I'll ever be.
2. Jeff Laird, son of my benefactor, businessman Ed Laird, and also recently installed as president of AQC Corp.: I like to think of Ed as my dad.
3. Ron Davis, columnist for the Huntington Beach Independent: works for a real newspaper.
4. Bob Cronk, longtime Crest View resident who led fight against Wal-Mart project: paid for his own house.
5. Connie Brockway, Huntington Beach city clerk: keeps making those damning public records public.
6. Sandra Cole, leader of my recall effort: leader of my recall effort.
7. George Pearson, gas-station magnate who ended up in the luxury Seacliff home that was grant-deeded to me by developer Chris Gibbs: that bastard has got millions, and all I got off the deal was a lousy buck!
8. Tom Harman, Huntington Beach city councilman just elected to state Assembly: has a political future.
9. Gerald Chapman, planning commissioner appointed by Tom Harman: revealed that I gave list of city employees to the developer who built my house.
10. Dave Sullivan, retiring city councilman: knows how to exit City Hall without kicking
11. Natalie Carlson of Century Publishing: built successful business without holding public office.
12. OC Weekly: a worthless yellow slime sheet—except for those sex ads in the back. Awwwww, yeeeaaah!